May 10, 2007

The Honda is Gone



Well it has been nearly 10 years since I came home off my mission and purchased this little beauty. It saw me through post mission weirdness, post mission dating and marriage and 7 years of school. I drove it to San Francisco three times (one of those trips it carried out just about every earthly possession my friend Mark had). Seattle once for my honeymoon. North as far as Yellowstone twice. South to Saint George three times. East to Denver once. I drove it everywhere I could along the Wasatch front. And one never-to-be-forgotten drive from Seattle to San Diego and everywhere in between. It ended its service as a construction car forced to carry tools from job to job. I put 143,000 miles on it. It saw me through the most formative years of my life. - Today we donated it to JOY.

So I salute you Honda, you did me proud.

No comments: