Nov 13, 2006

Where is my Cottonelle?

I went to the grocery store today. I was walking down the toilet paper isle with two people ahead of me. One stopped and said to the other, “Here is the toilet paper.” The other looked over and immediately and loudly complained, “WHERE IS MY COTTONELLE!” Her anger wasn’t directed toward the other person with her but rather to the store as a whole, to the unseen manager, to society. She didn’t even turn her head to see if her “Cottonelle” was next to the brand she was looking at, which it was. Somebody didn’t put it in the right place (right being where she first looked). It’s their fault right?

A friend told me that when he opened his small sushi place the mail carrier yelled at him because there wasn’t a mail slot. He said “Well, I am here every day at this time can you just hand it to me?” To which the mail carrier responded by walking out without leaving the mail.

I guess I don’t have a point but I thought these two stories were interesting.

No comments: